50455, built in October 1957, is a Driving Motor Brake Second (DMBS) vehicle, weighing 31 tons and seating 54 passengers in two (second class) saloons. Two passenger vestibules separate the saloons with passengers exiting the vehicle through four exterior doors. Additional doors are located in the drivers cab and the guard’s compartment. 50447 is fitted with two standard Leyland 680 horizontal diesel engines providing 300hp. Standard British United Traction (BUT) transmissions and control systems enable 50437 to operate in multiple with any vehicles that carry the “Blue Square” DMU coupling code, which is the most common.
50455 was preserved by the group in 1992, moved to the Churnet Valley Railway and was put into store whilst work was being undertaken on other vehicles.
Between 1999 and 2004 50455 was fully restored to 1950's